Eligibility | Nomination | Application
SEMPA sponsors the JK Award in recognition of past leadership in the development of the SEMPA Annual Emergency Medicine Conference. The award intends to recognize service to the Society and commitment to the education of emergency medicine physician assistants.
The Board of Directors has established this annual award to recognize service to the PA profession and commitment to the education of emergency medicine physician assistants. The award includes one (1) complimentary conference registration (does not include optional workshops) for the annual conference in the year the receipt is recognized along with $1,000 travel stipend. The registration and stipend are non-transferable.
The award recipient will also be acknowledged at the SEMPA conference and on the SEMPA website will list recipients. Programs, reports and newsletters may be used to announce the name of the recipient.
return to top
To be eligible for the JK Award you must be:
- A SEMPA Fellow in good standing
- Able to demonstrate commitment to SEMPA’s mission to promote and support the professional, clinical and personal development of physician assistants involved with emergency medicine and to advance the practice of emergency medicine
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to the educational development and life-long learning necessary for EMPAs. Further, an ideal applicant’s work and activity should show leadership within their workplace
return to top
To be nominated for the award, you may:
- Self-nomination or nomination by a Fellow member of the Society
- Emergency Medicine PAs from rural, underserved, or isolated areas are particularly encouraged to apply
return to top
Nominees must submit the following materials to SEMPA to be considered for award of the Krueger Conference Award:
- Completed application form
- A current CV
- A written narrative that addresses how you or the nominee have been involved in the emergency medicine field, demonstrated leadership for the profession, served SEMPA, and/or promoted or facilitated EMPA education
- The length of the narrative should not exceed 1,000 words
All required materials must be included with your submission and they must be complete.
Applications must be sent to SEMPA:
ATTN: JK Award
1125 Executive Circle
Irving, TX 75038-2522
Electronic submissions, which must include all the required materials, can be sent to:
Deadline for submission is Midnight (Central Standard Time) December 3, 2012.
The award recipient will be contacted in January 2013. If the award recipient is unable to attend the conference for the year in which he or she is awarded, another award recipient will be selected. If there are no other suitable candidates, the award will not given.